Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh Tidings of Comfort & Joy


I hope you've been enjoying all the holiday pictures
of ~rooms FOR rent~ this past week.

Right now I wanted to give you a closer look of 


I free handed this drawing from a chalkboard inspiration I saw
on Pinterest. If you follow me on Pinterest,
than it's no surprise to you how much I LOVE chalkboard art.
I'm still trying to grow in this area,
so I love finding new designs to challenge my artistic hand.
This is the original pin,
and I basically just picked one that I thought I could handle.


 I chose the middle one from the bottom row.
However, I loved them all, and even thought about changing them out every couple days,
but a girls only got so much free time on her hands!

Once I chose the one I wanted to duplicate,
I just pulled it up on my computer screen, grabbed my supplies, 
and got to work.


There are many different tutorials for doing chalkboard art,
and I will cover those in a different post,
but for now I will just explain what I did to accomplish this. 

I started with the top middle scroll art,
and then worked my way down, 
placing the large letters in first.
Then I went back in and added the smaller words,
and the extra scrolly (sp) parts on the words like 
"tidings" and "of" and the word "and".


 Then I added the tree in the bottom left corner,
and then filled in the top corners,
to fill in any empty space.

~All in all pretty simple~



You will notice mine is not an EXACT copy of the original,
but I like how it came out non-the-less.


So now that it's friday,
Are you done decorating yet?
I was thinking today... I know people who don't get their trees
until Christmas eve. 
I think it's so cool, and then I think you set everything up for one
night just to take it all down again! HA.


I hope you enjoy your weekend, don't get stuck in too much holiday shopping traffic,
and I have more christmas decor to show you next week!


6 comments:

  1. I love this so much, the chalkboard door is a really nice idea! And, (since I'm popping over here for the first time) your living room is absolutely gorgeous! Love the ceiling, the chair rail, beadboard and the stove. All my favorite things, gathered in one space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the chalboard door!!! Do you use a chalk pen and if so where did you find it? I have been following along on all your posts and they are beautiful! And where oh where did you find your dough bowl!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so loving the chalkboard door and thanks for linking up at Thee Networking Blog Hop. I'm now following you.

    Tranae
    www.becomingfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bre, thank you for following Carole's Chatter Blog Tips. You might also be interested in my main blog Carole's Chatter. I have followed you right back. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays. Visiting from Thee Networking Blog Hop! Please stop by my blog & follow back if you haven't already. :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your chalkboard door!! Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE all the comments, so go ahead leave one =D