Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Fabric Christmas Bulb


I feel like I have been so out of the loop, with how last week turned up for us over here.
We had some great plans throughout the week, 
and on the blog,
and it all got cancelled :(
Instead, we dealt with stomach bugs, the flu, and sinus infections.
Sounds fun, huh!? 
Well, now that the house is cleaned, bleached, and decorated,
I'm just waiting on some sun to take some pics,
we've had lots of grey skies.
So we will see how the day goes,
but I do have lots of holiday decor to show you!
In the meantime, today I'm going to share with you an easy update to some old
christmas bulbs that I did this year.

Here are my inspiration photos from Pinterest.
I came across these last year, 
but it was too late in the season by the time I stumbled upon them,



so this year I couldn't wait to get started.

I grabbed some packages of bulbs that were handed down a few christmas's ago.
They were colors that I would never decorate with,
or cracked, or faded,
so they were perfect candidates for my updo!

I used scrap fabrics I had left over from previous projects.
Burlap
Drop Cloth
White Linen
I began by cutting them into strips with enough length to wrap around the bulb.

Once I was done cutting strips, I sprayed a few at a time with
Elmer's Craft Bond Spray Adhesive. 
(note: don't spray inside)


I removed the top hanger from the bulb first.
Then I wrapped the sprayed strips around the bulbs, layering slightly to the side
with each one. Then re-installed the hanger on the top,
 and DONE!


Pretty easy right?!
I had my hot glue gun ready to go just in case,
but I didn't even need it :)
I think that's what I loved most about this project,
you really don't need that much to do it.
I had everything on hand,
and walked away with 3 dozen new ornaments :)


Cant't wait to show you how they look on the tree.
I hope to be back later this week
to show you,
sun willing :)

Have you been holiday crafting?
Make anything new this year that you love,
OR
will NOT make ever again?! :)

Make sure you check out Migonis Home tomorrow
where I will be sharing our family gingerbread houses,
as part of her 12 Days of Christmas!





I'm linking up @:

Keep Calm

6 comments:

  1. Great minds, right?! I love these, and I love your house and all of your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. I have gotten lots of ieas for Christmas ecorating off your blog. I am going now to cut boxwood. Thanks for the great ideas! I woul love to know where you foun those great drapes that appear to have a black or brown background and a floral print on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry my D is not working right........LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, no worries :) I think you are referring to the drapes in my dining room? And it was fabric by the yard I got from Pottery Barn years ago, and then made them myself. Sorry they aren't available anymore, I so love that fabric :) ~Bre

      Delete
    2. Yes the drapes in your dining room. Love them. Should have known... Pottery Barn (I can spot it a mile away) I stay on their website a whole lot but can't afford much. Have gotten some pretty shower curtains from them and a dining table I adore. I so love all their beauties. Thanks for the reply. I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  4. I love these ornaments. Anything burlap, ioized, metallic, linen, pearlized, gauzey, I adore!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE all the comments, so go ahead leave one =D