Tuesday, December 11, 2012

{Dining room} Christmas Vignettes


If your friends with me on Facebook, 
I hope you enjoyed my sneak peak of our Christmas Tree!
If not, then head over now and join me :)

Well instead of sharing our Christmas Tree tonight,
I'm going to share with you our dining room decked for christmas.


This year I really wanted to keep things simple.
I had a few ideas, but I mostly wanted to add LOTS of greenery,
and a few festive touches of red.

I grabbed some old Pottery Barn Fabric (red ticking stripe)
and placed it over the table to switch things 
up for the holidays.



I filled most of my wooden trays the same throughout the house,
using branches, pinecones, and a few ornaments to 
dress it up.

In the corner of the tray, I stacked some old books, and topped them off
with an extra large mason jar, I wrapped with jute webbing,
and tucked in some fake poinsettia's.


Next we move over to our dining room shelves.
Let me just say these actually had me stumped!
I really liked how last years came out,
but knew I wanted to do something a bit different.
Here's what I came up with for this year.


Some of the basics stay throughout the year,
I placed greenery on all the shelves, 
and my newest addition to the "white" family,
is this cute little gravy boat.
I really liked the body of it, and I got it
at Kmart, from their Martha Stewart collection.
I tucked a bunch of boxwood branches in it, and moved my vase of 
white candle sticks next to it.


On the other side, I placed more boxwood bunches in some white
pitchers, and I love how "simple"
yet festive this feels.


For the middle shelf, I brought out my large serving platter from my china set,
and hung it in the middle. Then I layered a tarnished silver tray
and IKEA gravy boat, and my new letter "D" I 
got 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby last week!


The bottom shelf I always keep simple due to little hands.
But there must not be anything appealing
about this to the kids Dannika,
because she hasn't seem to notice.


The breadboard is a treasured gift from my inlaws,
it stays out all year round,
but always seems more special around the holidays.


Across the room, I switched out our large clock,
for an old barn window
(great find by a friend of mine :) 
I draped some fresh garland over it,
and hung some pinecones with burlap for Christmas.


I filled my dough bowl with cinnamon pinecones,
and covered some with silver glitter.


I'll share the chalkboard door with you later this week,
but I copied one of the free prints
I saw on Pinterest,
and just enlarged it to fill the space on the door.

Looking in from the living room, 
I filled the urn with more greenery, some pinecones,
and mercury glass bulbs.


This arrangement was my starting point for most of my decorating
and color scheme for the holidays this year.


 And I can't wait to share the rest with you!!

Stay tuned for more :)

I'm sharing over at :


Liz Marie Blog

38 comments:

  1. You have done a beautiful job with your Christmas decor...love all the greens.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dining room is great.I like your Christmas decors.It's simple yet beautiful.I love the wooden trays too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet :) I kept telling myself "country living magazine" so I wouldn't go overboard. I really like how simple yet stunning they make things :) ~Bre

      Delete
  3. Your dining room is absolutely lovely. I would definitely enjoy a meal here - heck I could just sit and look around - no need for food! I love your mix of natural and glittery elements. Homey and festive at the same time! 13 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't wait!!! Thanks!! I love to just sit... and talk... and drink coffee! sounds great :) Merry christmas! ~Bre

      Delete
  4. your dining room is so cozy! i would love to sit there and enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, that's my favorite thing to do during naptime! HA HAHA ~Bre

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! Your dining room is lovely and I especially like the striped rug and the striped PB fabric you are using on the table. I love simple greenery and pinecones and used them in our dining room, living room and family room too but I would love to have a gorgeous dough bowl like yours. I am stopping by from the home tours at Jen Rizzo's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I feel the same way about yours! :) ~Bre

      Delete
  7. This is lovely -- bright, festive and inviting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decorations. Love the simple and natural touches and love your dough bowl! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey!!! Still obsessed with my dough bowl too, even though I've had it for almost a year :) ~Bre

      Delete
  9. LOVE! You did a beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing Bre! You have a stunning home (and blog)! I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie!! Happy to be following back :) ~Bre

      Delete
  11. I love the simplicity of it all

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is lovely and so are your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Wonderful Life bread board - what a great gift! Visiting from the Nester - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! It's they "family" christmas movie :) ~Bre

      Delete
  14. thank you for sharing your rustic and lovely holiday home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy to be apart of it :) ~Bre

      Delete
  15. Just perfect. :-) Also could you please tell me where you got your breadboard? My husband's family is a HUGE fan of "It's a Wonderful Life" and I'd love to get that for what might be a wedding in the family very soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! The bread board was a gift from my mother in law. She actually made it. I believe she bought the bread board, and then she works at a place that you can engrave in, and made it custom for our house warming gift :) So special!! It would make a great wedding gift! ~Bre

      Delete
  16. Beautiful home! Love your colors, love the decor, but I think your chalkboard door is my ver favorite! :) Found you through the Sharing Christmas Link Up Party at Migonis Home. Newest follower!

    - April Hoff
    housebyhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! Happy to be following back :) ~Bre

      Delete
  17. Love the door. Love the greens with the ornaments and pinecones. Adore the shelves. Ahhhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Jen, and for hosting too! ~Bre

      Delete
  18. Oh my goodness, I love your dining room shelves. I want to come over and drink a cup of tea with you in that room! It looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE all the comments, so go ahead leave one =D