Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Christmas Tree}


Have you seen our Dining Room decorated for Christmas yet?!
In case you missed it, you can click the word above.
Today I'm going to continue sharing some of our simple christmas decor with you.
Our Christmas Tree.


I showed you here how I updated some unused christmas bulbs.
I like the different texture and feel they add to the 
tree than normal shiny bulbs do.


I also wrapped the tree with some jute webbing, that I got
 last year from JoAnn's.


I didn't load the tree up with ornaments this year,
with the rest of the house remaining pretty simple,
I didn't want the tree to be over done.


I stuck with a few favorites,
my DIY'ed bulbs,
and some mercury glass ornaments I got last year.



If you follow me on Instagram,
then you already know I re-arranged the living room 
to add the tree this year.

{I will be sharing more on that later,
along with some plans for the living room for 2013!}


I love this "ROCKWOOD" tray that I got 
at a barn sale this past fall.
The worn in feel is right up my ally,
and I thought the red was perfect for christmas!


I filled it with some large pine cones, 
the oh so lovely "White Christmas" candle,
and some ornaments.


It was such a nice change up
from our normal coffee table decor ...
cars, trains, dinosaurs and popcorn ;)

Hope you are enjoying our Christmas Decor,
but most importantly the season :)

I'm over at Migonis Home today sharing our 
a great activity for Christmas.
Make sure you head over there and check it out!


I'm linking up @:


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your home is so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful and I really like your style. I am now following along. The Rockwood crate is a great piece and would be hugely popular here as that is the name of a neighbouring town. Love your simple and pretty Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like the rustic decor and the simple elegance of the design. The jute ribbon is the perfect touch to your tree;)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie!! I love that you pointed out the jute ribbon, it's my favorite as well.. but the hubby is not a fan :( oh well! I really like your christmas decor as well! ~Bre

      Delete
  4. I'm back to check it more of your blog and just had to say that your header is gorgeous. Brilliant really and what a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he he... I think I did the same thing when I first stumbled upon your blog as well :) THANKS! The cover photo was lots of fun. I have a photographer friend, who is pretty much up for anything I throw at her, and one day I was sharing my idea for a cover photo, and her willingness made it all to easy :) Until I told my husband he had to bring one of our living room chairs outside and put it front of our shed! HA HA... it was pretty funny :) so GLAD to have you here! ~Bre

      Delete
  5. I love how you have used so many natural elements in the Christmas decoration. Everything looks straight out of a magazine. I am also really liking your rug :) Love that pattern.

    Love your whole blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is beautiful, but I couldn't help but notice all of your other decor ~ what great style! Your gallery wall and dark paint look are stunning, and the bold patterned rug ~ everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Pam :) So sweet of you!! ~Bre

      Delete
  7. Alyssa Teer at the decorating duchessDecember 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM

    Hi! I'm visiting from the Christams Parade. I love your tree and also the navy and green living room combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a beautiful home! Our styles are very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home, your blog, and your photos are all absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love it all!!! those dark walls are amazing! also, fyi i know i commented on your dining room post and you replied in the comments- it does't come to my email as a reply so i had no idea you had replied. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Love all the feedback!! ALSO do you know how I can fix that? I realize you might not see this, but I thought it did that.. so bummed it doesn't notify! ugh something new to learn! ~Bre

      Delete
  11. Wow, definitely the home of a designer! I have so much to learn about arrangement and design. I especially loved the jute webbing, as I just used some on the Christmas table I hostessed for a Christmas party here: http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.it/2012/12/night-of-noel.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thanks so much Becca! Means a lot.. Love your table top as well! ~Bre

      Delete
  12. Your home looks beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I tried to keep it simple this year but everyday I seemed to add something else. I am visiting from The Nester's party. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE all the comments, so go ahead leave one =D